Monday, February 6, 2012

Gluten free chocolate cake? Oh yes.

My new and very dear friend whom I met through recent involvement with a musical theatre group sent me a chocolate cake recipe which sounds divine. Since I am getting back to all things gluten free (tired of paying the painful price in spite of the docs who say I am fine) I thought I'd post this!

I logged in to Facebook one day to get this message;

Hey lady... you looking for a gluten free chocolate cake recipe??? Get the new Readers Digest ... there is an excellent recipe! made it tonight ..supereasy-supertasty-......really!!!!


Of course, I replied that I would go find the recipe for myself. :) Her reply was this;

...well I could just give you the recipe....598ml can of chickpeas...washed rinsed and put in food processor, 375ml semi-sweet chocolate chips , melted, 4 whole eggs, and 3/4 cup of sugar....all together now.... 9 inch cake pan... 350 in oven for 40 minutes or until set.... let cool and dust with confectioners sugar.... tasted delicious when still a little warm... but more flavour when all cooled....enjoy!!!!!


Now, given that this friend cornered me at rehearsal yesterday to see if I had tried this recipe yet, it must be a real goodie. I'm posting it here first and will give a review once I have actually tried it myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment